The tech scene in Metro-Detroit is bustling with startups, meetups, user-groups and talented IT professionals. To help techies stay in the loop, Brightwing announces IT events in Metro Detroit every Monday. Such events include networking meetups, tech workshops, and informational seminars.Have an event you’d like us to promote? Contact Us.
Wed, December 2 – Tech248 Holiday Event & Annual Meeting
When: 5:30 – 8:00 pm | Where: Palazzo di Bocce – 4291 S Lapeer Rd, Lake Orion, MI
Oakland County has 2,000 tech firms – with 42,000 jobs in the tech field – more than twice the number of any other county in Michigan. We want to get to know you all.
– Tech focused
– Inclusive of all tech companies
– Held in a variety of cool spaces within the community
– Connect youth to the tech industry
– Encourage networking and collaboration
– Provide brief (15 minute) tech updates
– Solicitation free
Thurs, December 3 – Windows 10 Universal Applications w/ Jeremy Smith
When: 5:30 pm | Where: Spud Software – 9478 S Saginaw Rd., Grand Blanc, MI
– PC tablet
– IoT (Rasberry Pi 2, etc.)
– Surface Hub
Using xaml with adaptive UX, we’ll go through a few UWP apps and see how they work.
Thurs, December 3 – Explore Careers in Manufacturing & Technology
When: 6:00 – 8:00 pm | Where: Macomb Community College, P bldg, 14500 E. 12 Mile, Warren, MI
Parents, guardians, students, family and friends are invited to attend this free event, part of Macomb Community Colleges Robotics, Engineering and Technology(RET) Days. Join us for an informative evening to learn about job skills that are in high demand and visit hands-on exhibits. Find out what employers look for in job candidates and discover a pathway that’s right for you. While there enter for a chance to win an iPad Mini.
Thurs, December 3 – Automation Alley Manufacturing Committee Meeting
When: 9:00 – 11:00 am | Where: Axis Systems – 1555 Atlantic Blvd., Auburn Hills, MI
– Business growth
– Workforce talent enhancement
– Best practices process collaboration
– Promoting our regional manufacturing brand
– Meets the fourth Thursday of odd months; locations and times may vary.
– This committee is limited to manufacturing and engineering companies only.
Our member-driven committees provide opportunities for networking and peer leadership as well as a chance to influence the development of our events and programs. Committee members can contribute through project teams or serve in leadership roles as committee chairs, vice committee chairs or project team chairs.
Thurs, December 3 – How to Build a Successful Mobile App, For Entrepenuers
When: 7:30 am – 1:00 pm | Where: Automation Alley – 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, MI
– Developer basics; understanding app developers and how to work with them to get what you want
– Creating a value proposition
– Defining app functionalities you want to be part of your app
– Setting priorities and understanding your MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
– Learn to wire-frame your concept
The Mobile Technology Association of Michigan (MTAM) is a trade association for the mobile industry, including: carriers, manufacturers, hardware developers, software developers, wireless system installers, tower manufacturers/installers, mobile marketing vendors, advertisers, graphic designers, users of the technology, and anyone else interested in Mobile.
Mon, December 7 – Augmented Reality in Vehicles
When: 5:00 – 9:00 pm | Where: Dassault Systèmes – 400 W. Fourth Street, 4th Floor, Royal Oak, MI
The theme of our meeting will be “AR in Cars and Motorcycles.” Brian Wassom will present on AR.org’s “Augmented Driving Initiative,” which he will be representing during the month of October at meetings in Germany and Washington., D.C. Learn about what industry and researchers are saying about what’s safe and effective–and what’s not.
And then, as always, there will be time for demos and participation from the whole group!