This past week Career Builder and Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) released a report detailing the fastest growing careers from 2013 to 2017 in 52 major metropolitan areas. There are several lists within the study showing the percentages of growth and loss over several industries, however the fastest growing careers are those that require a college degree or higher.
The list below shows the top 20 Fastest Growing Careers requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher. These careers have at least an 11% growth from 2013 to 2017. The majority of the occupations are either in healthcare, engineering or IT.
- Biomedical Engineers
- Interpreters & Translators
- Meeting, Convention, & Event Planners
- Med. Scientists, Non-epidemiologists
- Market research analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Petroleum Engineers
- Biochemists & Biophysicists
- Physical Therapists
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Health Educators
- Mental Health Counselors
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Training & Development Specialists
- Database Administrators
- Geoscientists, except Hydrologists & Geographers
- Software developers, Systems Software
For more information and the full study, click here.