There are so many types of job interview questions that delve into your resume, behavior and aptitude, however there are a TON of questions that potential employers can ask just about you. These are the essential job interview questions that you should be prepared to answer about yourself:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are you looking for in your next position?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five/ten years?
- Why does this job interest you?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What did you like best and least in your most recent job?
- What did you like best and least in your recent supervisor?
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- When can you start?
- What salary or compensation package are you looking for?
- Why should we pick you?
- What do you have to offer us that someone else doesn’t?
- What are your significant accomplishments in your career?
- How would your previous supervisors/peers describe you?
- Don’t you think you are overqualified?
- What if you get a counteroffer?
- Where did you tell your employer you are today?
Not every employer will give you the third degree, but being prepared for simple job interview questions will help you avoid the deer-in-headlights affect.